Twelve Times Table And Random Test Lyrics
12 x 1 = 12
12 x 2 = 24
12 x 3 = 36
12 x 4 = 48
12 x 5 = 60
12 x 6 = 72
12 x 7 = 84
12 x 8 = 96
12 x 9 = 108
12 x 10 = 120
12 x 11 = 132
12 x 12 = 144
Twelve Times Table And Random Test Learning Activities
Maths Card Game
- Write the twelve times tables on a coloured piece of card e.g. 12x1=12, 12x2=24
- Separately cut out each equation to make a set of cards.
- Put the set into a zip lock bag and label “Twelve Times Table”.
- Split the children up into groups of three. One child is the ‘teacher’ and the other two children are the players. The ‘teacher’ pulls out a card and reads the equation e.g. 12x7=? Whoever answers the correct number gets the card. Play until all cards have been pulled out. At the end count up how many cards each player has. Who has the most?
- Jessica has twelve sacks of potatoes. Each sack has twelve potatoes in it. How many potatoes does Jessica have in total? 12 x 12 = 144
- Brainstorm different ways of solving this question e.g. draw, use materials, image, pair up with a buddy etc.
- Watch the twelve times table video song and chant along.
- Can you answer the twelve times table random test?
- Discuss the number patterns that are shown during the twelve times table random test.
- You will need white A4 paper, a variety of coloured paint and cotton buds.
- Give each child in the class a different multiple of 12 e.g. 9, 12, 24, 36
- Write the given number in the middle of the paper.
- Draw a circle to represent a group and use the cotton buds to represent the ones e.g. write 120 in the middle. You will need 10 circles to represent the groups and 12 dots in each circle.