Five Times Table And Random Test Lyrics
5 x 1 = 5
5 x 2 = 10
5 x 3 = 15
5 x 4 = 20
5 x 5 = 25
5 x 6 = 30
5 x 7 = 35
5 x 8 = 40
5 x 9 = 45
5 x 10 = 50
5 x 11 = 55
5 x 12 = 60
Five Times Table And Random Test Learning Activities
Maths Card Game
- Write the five times tables on a coloured piece of card e.g. 5x1=5, 5x2=10
- Separately cut out each equation to make a set of cards.
- Put the set into a zip lock bag and label "Five Times Table".
- Split the children up into groups of three. One child is the 'teacher' and the other two children are the players. The 'teacher' pulls out a card and reads the equation e.g. 5x7=? Whoever answers the correct number gets the card. Play until all cards have been pulled out. At the end count up how many cards each player has. Who has the most?
- Look at a clock - what number pattern does it increase by? Practice counting in 5's to 60.
- Linda has 9 packs of tennis balls. Each pack has 5 balls in it. How many tennis balls does Linda have in total? 9 x 5 =45
- Brainstorm different ways of solving this question e.g. draw, use materials, image, pair up with a buddy etc.
- Skip count in fives to a beat. Use a drum to create a steady beat start chanting 5, 10, 15, 20
- Watch the five times table video song and chant along.
- Can you answer the five times table random test?
- Discuss the number patterns that are shown during the five times table random test.
- Hand print art - you will need a large piece of paper and different coloured paint.
- Place the paint into separate trays. Get each child in the class to print their hand on the paper (write their name beside their handprint).
- When each child has had a turn and the paint is dry write the multiples of 5 in the correct order in each hand e.g. 5, 10, 15, 20, 25 etc.