Two Times Table And Random Test Lyrics
2 x 1 = 2
2 x 2 = 4
2 x 3 = 6
2 x 4 = 8
2 x 5 = 10
2 x 6 = 12
2 x 7 = 14
2 x 8 = 16
2 x 9 = 18
2 x 10 = 20
2 x 11 = 22
2 x 12 = 24
Two Times Table And Random Test Learning Activities
Maths Card Game
- Write the two times tables on a coloured piece of card e.g. 2x1=2, 2x2=4
- Separately cut out each equation to make a set of cards.
- Put the set into a zip lock bag and label “Two Times Table”.
- Split the children up into groups of three. One child is the ‘teacher’ and the other two children are the players. The ‘teacher’ pulls a card out and reads the equation e.g. 2x7=? Whoever answers the correct number gets the card. Play until all cards have been pulled out. At the end count up how many cards each player has. Who has the most?
- Jamie has 5 bags of marbles. There are 2 marbles in each bag. How many marbles does she have all together? 5x2=10
- Brainstorm different ways of solving this question e.g. draw, use materials, image, pair up with a buddy etc.
- Skip counting in twos to a beat (a steady pulse) – create a beat pattern, repeatedly tap thighs and clap hands. Whisper 1 and shout 2, whisper 3 and shout 4, whisper 5 and shout 6 etc. Ask the children what numbers they are shouting? Write the numbers on the board (2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 14 etc.) and ask what pattern they can see?
- Watch the two times table video song and chant along.
- Can you answer the two times table random test?
- Discuss the number patterns that are shown during the two times table random test.
- Skip counting lacing plates – you will need a paper plate, string, whole puncher and a vivid.
- In the middle of the plate write 2.
- On the outside of the plate in the same format as a clock write 2,4,6,8,10,12,14,16,18,20 in random order
- Use the whole puncher to create holes on top of each answer.
- Put the piece of string through the number 2 (on the outside of the plate) and lace in order -skip counting in twos.