Tena koe – hello to one.
Tena korua – hello to two.
Tena koutou – hello to all.
Haere mai everyone.
- Harmony is when two or more notes are sounded together in singing. Get children clap hands when they hear the harmony part of the song.
- Work with a partner to develop movement ideas relating to “meeting and greeting.”
- Explore how Maori people greet each other.
- Sing and read along to the YouTube song to achieve multi-sensory learning “Do it, see it and hear it!”
- Use different language greetings during roll call.
Print out the song PDF
- Read the song lyrics – ask children a variety of questions.
- Re-read the song lyrics and ask children to join in.
- Recognise and use a variety of punctuation when reading. “ ” ! ? . ,
- Look at print and conventions (bold, italics).
- Talk about interesting/challenging words and discuss what they mean.
- Word study – phonic knowledge, compound words, rhyming word, contractions etc.