Hello, hello everybody (x2), hello
Kia ora, kia ora tatou (x2), kia ora
Ni hao, ni hao pengyou (x2), ni hao
Hi there, hi there buddy (x2), hi there
More, goeie more, goeie more (x2), almal
Hallo, hallo beste vriendjes (x2), hallo
G 'day, g 'day old mate (x2), g 'day
Bula, bula vinaka (x2), bula
Bonjour, bonjour mes amis (x2), bonjour
Konnichiwa, dozo yoroshiku (x2), konnichiwa
Talofa, talofa tamaiti (x2), talofa
Namaste, namaste bachai (x2), namaste!
- Sing different greetings during roll call - can the children match your pitch and tone?
- Singing name game - Children sit in a circle. Each child in turn sings his/her name to a tune of their choice e.g. my name is Tessa. All the other children echo back by singing e.g. your name is Tessa.
- Challenge - invite individual children or small groups to sing and perform the song with the instrumental version.
- Using gesture, speech or mime work with a partner to develop movement ideas relating to 'meeting and greeting. '
- Explore how different cultures greet each other using gesture, speech and body language.
- Sing and read along to the YouTube song to achieve multi-sensory learning "Do it, see it, hear it!"
Print out the song PDF
- Read the song lyrics - ask children a variety of questions.
- Re-read the song lyrics and ask children to join in.
- Recognise and use a variety of punctuation when reading. " " ! ? . ,
- Look at print and conventions (bold, italics).
- Talk about interesting/challenging words and discuss what they mean.
- Word study - phonic knowledge, compound words, rhyming word, contractions etc.