Six Times Table And Random Test Lyrics
6 x 1 = 6
6 x 2 = 12
6 x 3 = 18
6 x 4 = 24
6 x 5 = 30
6 x 6 = 36
6 x 7 = 42
6 x 8 = 48
6 x 9 = 54
6 x 10 = 60
6 x 11 = 66
6 x 12 = 72
Six Times Table And Random Test Learning Activities
Maths Card Game
- Write the six times tables on a coloured piece of card e.g. 6x1=6, 6x2=12
- Separately cut out each equation to make a set of cards.
- Put the set into a zip lock bag and label “Six Times Table”.
- Split the children up into groups of three. One child is the ‘teacher’ and the other two children are the players. The ‘teacher’ pulls out a card and reads the equation e.g. 6x7=? Whoever answers the correct number gets the card. Play until all cards have been pulled out. At the end count up how many cards each player has. Who has the most?
- Benny has six bags of apples. Each bag has eight apples in it. How many apples does he have altogether? 6 x 8 =48
- Brainstorm different ways of solving this question e.g. draw, use materials, image, pair up with a buddy etc.
- Watch the six times table video song and chant along.
- Can you answer the six times table random test?
- Discuss the number patterns that are shown during the six times table random test.
- You will need an A4 piece of paper and colouring pencils. Fold the paper into 4 sections and then fold it in half so there are 8 boxes (discuss fractions)
- Next roll 2 dice. One dice tells them how many circles to draw and the other tells them how many objects to put in each circle
- When the eight boxes are complete children write a multiplication equation for the groups they have drawn e.g. 4 groups of 3 = 12 or 4x3=12