Shaking Like A Jelly
Children will love to sing and dance
along with this fun action song!
Can you shake, roll, dance, swim, jump?
Give it a go with this funny silly song
Oh I'm shaking like a jelly on a plate x2
I'm shaking like a jelly, a wibbly,
Oh I'm shaking like a jelly on a plate
Oh I'm rolling like a pumpkin down the hill x2
Oh I'm rolling like a pumpkin, a roly,
Oh I'm rolling like a pumpkin down the hill.
Oh I'm dancing like a puppet on a string x2
Oh I'm dancing like a puppet, a dingly,
Oh I'm dancing like a puppet on a string.
Oh I 'm jumping like a bullfrog in a swamp x2
Oh I 'm jumping like a bullfrog, a bumpy,
Oh I 'm jumping like a bullfrog in a swamp.
Oh I 'm swimming like a fish in the sea x2
Oh I 'm swimming like a fish, a splishy, splashy fish.
Oh I 'm swimming like a fish in the sea.
- Find a sound to match each verse of "Shaking Like a Jelly."
- Why is movement good for our health?
- Plays guess the movement e.g. shaking, rolling, dancing like a puppet on a string, jumping, swimming. Can you think of other movements? E.g. twisting, stretching etc.
- Draw or paint a picture board of the song.
- Sing and read along to the YouTube song to achieve multi-sensory learning "Do it, see it and hear it!"
Print out the song PDF
- Read the song lyrics - ask children a variety of questions.
- Re-read the song lyrics and ask children to join in.
- Recognise and use a variety of punctuation when reading. " " ! ? . ,
- Look at print and conventions (bold, italics).
- Talk about interesting/challenging words and discuss what they mean.
- Word study - phonic knowledge, compound words, rhyming word, contractions etc.