Clocks (Tick-a-Tock Clocks) Lyrics
What does the clock in the hall say?
Tick, tock, tick, tock.
What does the clock on the wall say?
Tick, tock, tick, tock, tick, tock, tick, tock.
What do little watches all say?
Tick-a, tick-a, tick-a, tick-a, tick-a, tick-a, tock!
Clocks (Tick-a-Tock Clocks) Learning Activities
- Chant the words of the song - keep a beat while chanting the words. Use vocal exploration to say the words in different voices e.g. high/low; loud/soft; fast/slow.
- Play the "Clock Song" and keep a body percussion beat by slapping thighs in time with the pulse of the song.
- Use a clock and set the clock to different times and ask "What is the time?"
- Explore ways to move in response to different clock sounds.
- Ask children to create the moves to match the words of the song - view the video song and compare the actions with their own ideas.
- Challenge - play the instrumental version of the song and match the moves.
- Sing and read along to the YouTube song to achieve multi-sensory learning "Do it, see it and hear it!"
Print out the song PDF
- Read the song lyrics - ask children a variety of questions.
- Re-read the song lyrics and ask children to join in.
- Recognise and use a variety of punctuation when reading. " " ! ? . ,
- Look at print and conventions (bold, italics).
- Talk about interesting/challenging words and discuss what they mean.
- Word study - phonic knowledge, compound words, rhyming word, contractions etc.