Jack In The Box Lyrics
Jack in the box, Jack in the box,
quiet and still.
Will you come out? Will you come out?
Yes I will!
What can you do?
My hands are shaking, shaking, shaking.
My hands are shaking just like this.
My head is nodding, nodding, nodding.
My head is nodding just like this.
My eyes are blinking, blinking, blinking.
My eyes are blinking just like this.
My feet are stamping, stamping, stamping.
My feet are stamping just like this.
My hands are clapping, clapping, clapping.
My hands are clapping just like this.
Jack In The Box Learning Activities
- Children pretend to be a 'Jack in the Box. ' Children crouch on the floor and close their eyes. When they hear a bang on the drum it means the lid has been opened and they need to spring up!
- Vary the sounds e.g. drum sound - jump up; shaker - lie down; clap hands - twirl etc.
- Make 'Jack in the Boxes ' using folded paper strips to make a spring. Tape a smiley face to the top of the spring and attach to the bottom of a paper box.
- Children "pop up" and make shapes, which reflect different ideas and moods E.g. a 'funny Jack ' or a 'sad Jack ' - others copy.
- Listen to "Jack in the Box" and ask children to suggest ideas for moves to go with each verse.
- Children view the video song on YouTube and compare the actions with their own ideas.
- Play the instrumental version of the song and match the moves.
- Sing and read along to the YouTube song to achieve multi-sensory learning "Do it, see it and hear it!"
Print out the song PDF
- Read the song lyrics - ask children a variety of questions.
- Re-read the song lyrics and ask children to join in.
- Recognise and use a variety of punctuation when reading. " " ! ? . ,
- Look at print and conventions (bold, italics).
- Talk about interesting/challenging words and discuss what they mean.
- Word study - phonic knowledge, compound words, rhyming word, contractions etc.