Eight Sandwiches – Up To Number 8 Lyrics
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Numbers 1 to 10 Gus would love to teach,
while he's having fun playing at the beach.
Hey you must be feeling really great!
We're already up to number eight!
Gus has made eight sandwiches for lunch today.
"What's on your sandwiches Gus?"
Lettuce and pate.
Munch, munch, chew and crunch,
I love eating sandwiches for lunch.
Eight Sandwiches – Up To Number 8 Learning Activities
- Intro: When you hear the numbers show your fingers to count along.
- Listening is a central focus for learning.
- Play the song - can children identify the parts of the song which are sung and the part of the song which is spoken?
- Describe the person who speaks the part e.g. is the person young or old? Is the person a woman or a man? Is he shouting, whispering or speaking normally?
- Voices can speak and voices can sing. Choose a well-known song, when the teacher has their hands on head children sing the song, when teacher has hands on their shoulder the children speak the words. Keep alternating throughout the song.
- Ask children to put their hands behind their back and say "show me eight fingers?"
- Write the number 8
- Write the word - eight
- Draw eight objects
- Draw or paint a picture of your favourite sandwich.
- Talk about healthy fillings in a sandwich.
- Sing and read along to the YouTube song to achieve multi-sensory learning "Do it, see it and hear it!"
Print out the song PDF
- Read the song lyrics - ask children a variety of questions.
- Re-read the song lyrics and ask children to join in.
- Recognise and use a variety of punctuation when reading. " " ! ? . ,
- Look at print and conventions (bold, italics).
- Talk about interesting/challenging words and discuss what they mean.
- Word study - phonic knowledge, compound words, rhyming word, contractions etc.