Scratch art is a great activity for any age. It’s easy and so much fun. Watch your artwork come alive… it’s magical!
Follow our simple steps below.
You will need:
- A4 paper
- Black paint
- Paint brush
- Scratching stick or finger nails if you’re game…
- Use bright coloured crayons to completely colour in a blank piece of paper.
- Blocking in different colours works well.
- Make sure you colour in the entire piece of paper.
- Use a paint brush to paint black paint over the picture.
- Let the paint dry.
- Start scratching the black paint with a sharp stick like a bamboo skewer or the back end of a think paint brush.
- Create a scene to suit your topic – this art activity is linked to the songs Silent Night (as below) and Black Night.