Number One Tickle Your Tum
Sing and Learn the Actions!
Number one, tickle your tum.
Number two, just say 'Boo!'
Number three, touch your knee.
Number four, touch the floor.
Number five, do a dive.
Number six, wriggle your hips.
Number seven, jump to heaven.
Number eight, stand up straight.
Number nine, walk in a line.
Number ten, do it all again!
- Listen to the song. Ask children what does the music and words make you feel like doing? E.g. Does the song make you feel sleepy? Does it make you feel like moving? Do you want to join in with the actions of the song? Why? E.g." because it is dance music" or "because the words of the song tell you what to do!"
- Challenge - dance and sing along to the instrumental version of the song.
- View the video song and match the moves.
- Count forwards to 10 - 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10
- Count backwards from 10 - 10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1,
- Ask what comes before and what comes after questions e.g. what comes before 8? 7 What comes after 5? 6
- Mirror moves - face a partner and "mirror mime" the moves!
- Sing and read along to the YouTube song to achieve multi-sensory learning "Do it, see it and hear it!"
Print out the song PDF
- Read the song lyrics - ask children a variety of questions.
- Re-read the song lyrics and ask children to join in.
- Recognise and use a variety of punctuation when reading. " " ! ? . ,
- Look at print and conventions (bold, italics).
- Talk about interesting/challenging words and discuss what they mean.
- Word study - phonic knowledge, compound words, rhyming word, contractions etc.