N Nest (nest Song)
Learn the letter N the fun way!
It’s easy when you link the letter with a sound, word, matching picture and sing along song!
How many times can you spot the letter N?
In a nest, high up a tree.
Lay some speckled eggs. 1, 2, 3!
One chick popped out and said "Good day!"
The second little chick pecked his shell away
And said "Let's play!"
The third little chick said
"I just want to rest
In my nice warm nest
For tomorrow I'll fly away..."
Achievement Objective: we are learning the letter name and sound of the letter n
Read the song lyrics - ask children a variety of questions.
Re-read the song lyrics and ask children to join in.
Recognise and use a variety of punctuation when reading. " " ! ? . ,
Talk about interesting/challenging words and discuss what they mean.
Look at print and conventions (bold, italics).
Word study - phonic knowledge, compound words, rhyming words;
- Rhyming words - day, away, play, rest, nest
- Word endings - ed, ck, ll
- Contractions - let's, I'll
Sing and read along to the N Nest Love to Sing YouTube Song
- Print out the song PDF and highlight all letter 'n 's in the text - count how many you have highlighted!
- Draw 3 objects starting with the letter n
- Use drama to recreate the song - talk about using different voices for the three chicks.