My name is Anabelline
and I'm a movie star.
I've got a cute, cute smile
and a mighty guitar.
I've got lips
and hips, boom-boom.
I'm a turn-around movie star!
I'm a turn-around, turn-around movie star!
My name is Johnny Cool
and I'm a rock star.
I've got a leather jacket
and a Trans Am car.
I've got curls,
I like the girls.
I'm a turn-around rock star!
I'm a turn-around, turn-around rock star!
- Listen to the song. What instrument accompanies the song? A guitar.
- Make your own guitar and play along with the song. Use a tissue box, card board roll and rubber bands.
- Use props and dress up clothes to perform the song.
- Draw or paint a picture of Johnny Cool and Anabelline.
- Sing and read along to the YouTube song to achieve multi-sensory learning "Do it, see it and hear it!"
Print out the song PDF
- Read the song lyrics - ask children a variety of questions.
- Re-read the song lyrics and ask children to join in.
- Recognise and use a variety of punctuation when reading. " " ! ? . ,
- Look at print and conventions (bold, italics).
- Talk about interesting/challenging words and discuss what they mean.
- Word study - phonic knowledge, compound words, rhyming word, contractions etc.