My Mum Loves To Rock And Roll
Children will love to sing and dance
along with this fun fitness song!
"4 3 2 1"
My Mum loves to Rock and Roll.
My Dad loves to Disco.
Grandma loves to Charleston
And Grandpa loves to Waltz.
But to me the coolest dance of all.
Is the Hip Hop, the Hip Hop!
Hey Mum Rock and Roll!
Hey Dad Disco!
Hey Grandma Charleston!
Hey Grandpa Waltz!
The coolest dance of all is the Hip Hop!
- Listen to the song. Children choose found sounds (ideas from the environment), body percussion, or instruments to match the style of the music e.g. rock and roll (drums or tap chest), disco (maracas or homemade shakers), Charleston (tambourine or click fingers), waltz (rhythm sticks or tap desk), hip hop (wood block or stamp feet).
- What is a locomotor move? A movement in which the body travels across space (running, creeping, rolling).What is a non-locomotor move? A movement in which the body remains anchored to one spot by a body part (for example, bending, twisting, stretching). What kind of movements can you spot in the song?
- Draw or paint a picture of you doing your favourite dance!
- Sing and read along to the YouTube song to achieve multi-sensory learning "Do it, see it and hear it!"
Print out the song PDF
- Read the song lyrics - ask children a variety of questions.
- Re-read the song lyrics and ask children to join in.
- Recognise and use a variety of punctuation when reading. " " ! ? . ,
- Look at print and conventions (bold, italics).
- Talk about interesting/challenging words and discuss what they mean.
- Word study - phonic knowledge, compound words, rhyming word, contractions etc.