M Mouse (mouse Song)
Learn the letter K the fun way!
It’s easy when you link the letter with a sound, word, matching picture and sing along song!
How many times can you spot the letter K?
I know a house, it's a cold old house.
A cold old house by the sea...brrr!
If I were a mouse in that cold, old house.
What a cold, cold mouse I would be...brrr!
Achievement Objective: we are learning the letter name and sound of the letter m
Read the song lyrics - ask children a variety of questions.
Re-read the song lyrics and ask children to join in.
Recognise and use a variety of punctuation when reading. " " ! ? . ,
Talk about interesting/challenging words and discuss what they mean.
Look at print and conventions (bold, italics).
- Brr - what does it mean?
Word study - phonic knowledge, compound words, rhyming words;
- Rhyming words - old, cold, mouse, house
- Word ending - "ld"
- Sound word "Brrr"
- Contraction -it 's = it is
Sing and read along to the M Mouse Love to Sing YouTube Song
- Print out the song PDF and highlight all letter 'm 's in the text - count how many you have highlighted!
- Draw 3 objects starting with the letter m
- Create a word family chart for "ld" and "ouse"