K Kite (Kite Song)
Learn the letter K the fun way!
It's easy when you link the letter with a sound, word, matching picture and sing along song!
How many times can you spot the letter K?
If I had a bright new kite,
I'd take it on a super flight.
The fluffy white clouds I'd let it kiss.
Oh what a feeling of
It would be such a
My kite dancing in the
Me holding on tight with all my might.
To my beautiful bright new kite!
Achievement Objective: we are learning the letter name and sound of the letter k
Read the song lyrics - ask children a variety of questions.
Re-read the song lyrics and ask children to join in.
Recognise and use a variety of punctuation when reading. " " ! ? . ,
Talk about interesting/challenging words and discuss what they mean.
Look at print and conventions (bold, italics).
Word study - phonic knowledge, compound words, rhyming words;
- Rhyming words - bright, flight, sight, sunlight, tight, might
- Compound word - sunlight
- Diagraph "ss" - kiss, bliss
Sing and read along to the k Kite Love to Sing YouTube Song
- Print out the song PDF and highlight all letter 'k 's in the text - count how many you have highlighted!
- Draw 3 objects starting with the letter k
- Design your own kite - think about shape, size, colour, patterns.
- Creative writing - My New Kite, My Kites Adventure
- Create a rhythm pattern with the rhyming words e.g. use words "bright, flight, sight, sunlight, tight, might" and use body percussion (clapping, clicking, tapping, stamping, slapping thighs).