H Hat (Hat Song)
Learn the letter H the fun way!
It’s easy when you link the letter with a sound, word, matching picture and sing along song!
How many times can you spot the letter H?
I love my hat,
my straw hat.
I wear it all year round.
Summer, Autumn, Winter and Spring.
My hat is on my head.
I said my hat is on my head!
Achievement Objective: we are learning the letter name and sound of the letter h
Read the song lyrics - ask children a variety of questions.
Re-read the song lyrics and ask children to join in.
Recognise and use a variety of punctuation when reading. " " ! ? . ,
Talk about interesting/challenging words and discuss what they mean.
Look at print and conventions (bold, italics).
- Summer, autumn, winter, spring
Word study - phonic knowledge, compound words, rhyming words;
- At family - hat, bat, sat, cat
- Word endings "er" winter, summer
Sing and read along to the H Hat Love to Sing YouTube Song
- Print out the song PDF and highlight all letter 'h 's in the text - count how many you have highlighted!
- Draw 3 objects starting with the letter h
- Design your very own hats for each season (summer, autumn, winter and spring) draw drafts in pencil and then decide as a class what you are going to use (dye, paint, pastel) as a follow up write a description of each hat. (My Hat)
- Discuss how many seasons there are (4) in the song "My Hat" how many different hats are used? Write them down. Ask "How many different kinds of hats do people wear?" e.g. swimming cap, pirate hat, beret, fireman helmet, cap, etc. Count up all of the different hats. Ask "How many different kinds of hats do people wear while they are doing their jobs?" e.g. police hat, construction helmets etc. Count up all of the working hats.