F Fish (Fish Song)
Learn the letter F the fun way!
It’s easy when you link the letter with a sound, word, matching picture and sing along song!
How many times can you spot the letter F?
Oh how I wish, I could be a fish.
Any kind of fish just for one day.
I would explore, oh I'd just adore.
The wonders of the deep blue sea.
The deep blue sea is where I long to be.
A fish in the deep blue sea.
Achievement Objective: we are learning the letter name and sound of the letter f
Read the song lyrics - ask children a variety of questions.
Re-read the song lyrics and ask children to join in.
Recognise and use a variety of punctuation when reading. " " ! ? . ,
Talk about interesting/challenging words and discuss what they mean.
Word study - phonic knowledge, compound words, rhyming words;
- Rhyming words - wish, fish, explore, adore (create a chart using other rhyming words)
- Contraction I'd = I would
Sing and read along to the F Fish Love to Sing YouTube Song
- Print out the song PDF and highlight all letter 'e's in the text - count how many you have highlighted!
- Draw 3 objects starting with the letter f
- Stretch a sentence - instead of saying "The Sea" look how the sentence has been stretched using adjectives to create a clear visual image in the readers mind. "The wonders of the deep blue sea"
Add who, where, what, how, why
Try stretching your own sentence "The fish" = The slimy fish swam happily in the river.
Sentence starters for creative writing
- I wish
- I adore
- Let's explore
- I wonder
- One day