D Dog (Dog Song)
Learn the letter D the fun way!
It's easy when you link the letter with a sound, word, matching picture and sing along song!
How many times can you spot the letter D?
I love my dog, a charming dog, a cultured dog is he.
Ruff or Bud just wouldn't do, a classy name needs he.
Aloysius, loyal Aloysius.
Aloysius, lovable is he.
Is your dog a pedigree?
He is well bred obviously!
Affectionate? Most definitely!
Aloysius my dog Aloysius.
Aloysius my best friend is he!
Achievement Objective: we are learning the letter name and sound of the letter d
Read the song lyrics - ask children a variety of questions.
Re-read the song lyrics and ask children to join in.
Recognise and use a variety of punctuation when reading. " " ! ? . ,
Talk about interesting/challenging words and discuss what they mean.
Word study - phonic knowledge, compound words, rhyming words;
- "Ch" sound - charming
- Word ending "ly" - naturally, definitely, obviously
- Contraction - wouldn't
Sing and read along to the D Dog Love to Sing YouTube Song
- Print out the song PDF and highlight all letter 'd's in the text - count how many you have highlighted!
- Draw 3 objects starting with the letter d
- Write a description of your own imaginary dog. Include- name, size, shape, colour, personality, breed.
- Create a piece of art to go with the description.