B Baby (Baby Song)
Learn the letter B the fun way!
It’s easy when you link the letter with a sound, word, matching picture and sing along song!
How many times can you spot the letter B?
Baby, baby, baby please don't cry.
Baby, baby, cause I'll tell you why.
Baby, baby wow when you smile.
Oh, you make my life worthwhile!
Achievement Objective: we are learning the letter name and sound of the letter b
Read the song lyrics - ask children a variety of questions.
Re-read the song lyrics and ask children to join in.
Recognise and use a variety of punctuation when reading. " " ! ? . ,
Talk about interesting/challenging words and discuss what they mean.
Look at print and conventions (bold, italics) - "Wow"
Word study - phonic knowledge, compound words, rhyming words;
- Contractions I'll = I will, don't = do not
- Compound word - worthwhile
Sing and read along to the B Baby Love to Sing YouTube Song
- Print out the song PDF and highlight all letter 'b's in the text - count how many you have highlighted!
- Draw 3 objects starting with the letter b
- Discuss different emotions - happy, sad, scared, angry etc.
Play the emotion game - sit in a circle, choose one child to walk out of the room and come back showing an emotion e.g. ANGRY - the children in the circle have to guess what emotion they are showing and how they can tell.