A tisket, a tasket,
a green and yellow basket.
I wrote a letter to my love
but on the way I dropped it.
I dropped it, I dropped it
and on the way, I dropped it.
A little boy picked it up and put it in his pocket.
- Children hold hands and sing and dance in a circle. One child skips on the outside of the circle and drops a handkerchief - the nearest child picks up the handkerchief and chases the dropper - if the dropper is caught the children swap roles.
- Guess what is in my basket? Mime what is in your basket. Can others guess?
- Play the instrumental version while you are miming 'Guess what is in my basket?'
- Draw or paint what is inside your imaginary basket.
- Sing and read along to the YouTube song to achieve multi-sensory learning 'Do it, see it and hear it!'
Print out the song PDF
- Read the song lyrics - ask children a variety of questions.
- Re-read the song lyrics and ask children to join in.
- Recognise and use a variety of punctuation when reading. " " ! ? . ,
- Look at print and conventions (bold, italics).
- Talk about interesting/challenging words and discuss what they mean.
- Word study - phonic knowledge, compound words, rhyming word, contractions etc.