A Sailor Went To Sea, Sea, Sea Lyrics
A sailor went to sea, sea, sea,
to see what he could see, see, see,
but all that he could see, see, see,
was the bottom of the deep blue sea, sea, sea!
A Sailor Went To Sea, Sea, Sea Learning Activities
The pitch is the degree of highness and lowness of a note. Invite individual children to sing the song solo. Ask them to reflect on their performance E.g. did they sing in tune? Would they change anything about their performance if they sang again?
- Challenge - sing along to the instrumental version of the song.
- Select a prop or costume to suit being a sailor and assume a sailor's role
- Explore different 'sea' movements. Build up a dance vocabulary relating to movement e.g. rolling, flowing, choppy, swaying etc.
- Sing and read along to the YouTube song to achieve multi-sensory learning 'Do it, see it and hear it!'
Print out the song PDF
- Read the song lyrics - ask children a variety of questions.
- Re-read the song lyrics and ask children to join in.
- Recognise and use a variety of punctuation when reading. " " ! ? . ,
- Look at print and conventions (bold, italics).
- Talk about interesting/challenging words and discuss what they mean.
- Word study - phonic knowledge, compound words, rhyming word, contractions etc.