One Times Table And Random Test
Kids will love to learn their times tables the fun and easy way.
1 x 1 = 1
1 x 2 = 2
1 x 3 = 3
1 x 4 = 4
1 x 5 = 5
1 x 6 = 6
1 x 7 = 7
1 x 8 = 8
1 x 9 = 9
1 x 10 = 10
1 x 11 = 11
1 x 12 = 12
Maths Card Game
- Write the one times tables on a coloured piece of card e.g. 1x1=1, 1x2=2
- Separately cut out each equation to make a set of cards.
- Put the set into a zip lock bag and label "One Times Table".
- Split the children up into groups of three. One child is the 'teacher' and the other two children are the players. The 'teacher' pulls out a card and reads the equation e.g. 1x7=? Whoever answers the correct number gets the card. Play until all cards have been pulled out. At the end count up how many cards each player has. Who has the most?
- Sonja has three lolly bags and one lolly in each one. How many lollies does she have all together? 3x1=3
- Brainstorm different ways of solving this question e.g. draw, use materials, image, pair up with a buddy etc.
- Watch the one times table video song and chant along.
- Can you answer the one times table random test?
- Discuss the number patterns that are shown during the one times table random test.
- Use chalk on the concrete outside to draw the multiples of 1 e.g. one apple, two apples, three apples draw a circle around each set. Take a photo for a class display or resource.