Three Blind Mice
Sing and Learn the Actions!
Three blind mice! Three blind mice!
See how they run! See how they run!
They all ran after the farmer’s wife,
Who cut off their tails with a carving
Did you ever see such a thing in your
As three blind mice.
Repeat as a round
- Divide children into three groups and sing the song as a round. The first group sings and then the second group sings the song when the first group starts the 2nd line; the third group starts singing when the 2nd group start the 2nd line.
- Divide children into three groups and form three circles within each other. Hold hands and each circle marches in a clock wise or anti clock wise direction. Sing as suggested above in the Music section.
- Ask children to draw three shapes that are the same e.g. 3 circles, 3 triangles
- Ask children to draw three shapes that are different e.g. a square, triangle and circle
- Sing and read along to the YouTube song to achieve multi-sensory learning “Do it, see it and hear it!”
Print out the song PDF
- Read the song lyrics – ask children a variety of questions.
- Re-read the song lyrics and ask children to join in.
- Recognise and use a variety of punctuation when reading. “ ” ! ? . ,
- Look at print and conventions (bold, italics).
- Talk about interesting/challenging words and discuss what they mean.
- Word study – phonic knowledge, compound words, rhyming word, contractions etc.