The Little Green Frog Galump
Sing and Learn the Actions!
Galump went the little green frog one day.
Galump went the little green frog.
Galump went the little green frog one day and his eyes went glub, glub, glub!
The old night toad went
ladidah di dah,
ladidah di dah,
ladidah di dah.
The old night toad went ladidah di and his eyes went glub, glub, glub!
- Listen to “The Little Green Frog” and focus on how the children are singing in tune.
- Play the song again and children sing along concentrating on singing in tune.
- Create actions to go with the song e.g. for “Galump went the little green frog one day” -jumping motion; “Glub, glub, glub” - close and open fingers on thumb; “Ladidah di dah” - sway hands side to side
- Choose a child to make or create the sound effect as in the song.
- Make a frog puppet using a glove, mitten or sock.
- Explore frog movements e.g. hopping, swimming, snapping, jumping etc.
- Teacher plays a beat on a drum or by clapping hands, children move like a frog, when the teacher changes the tempo of the beat, children choose another frog movement.
- Sing and read along to the YouTube song to achieve multi-sensory learning “Do it, see it and hear it!”
Print out the song PDF
- Read the song lyrics – ask children a variety of questions.
- Re-read the song lyrics and ask children to join in.
- Recognise and use a variety of punctuation when reading. “ ” ! ? . ,
- Look at print and conventions (bold, italics).
- Talk about interesting/challenging words and discuss what they mean.
- Word study – phonic knowledge, compound words, rhyming word, contractions etc.