Ten Little Fingers
Counting has never been so much fun!
Our number songs will get your kids
counting in no time!
Count using your ten fingers
I have ten little fingers and
they all belong to me.
I can make them do things,
would you like to see?
Open, shut them, open,
shut them give a little clap.
Open, shut them, open, shut them,
lay them in your lap.
Creep them, creep them,
creep them,creep them
right up to your chin.
Open wide your little mouth
but do not put them in.
Roll them, roll them,
roll them, roll them,
roll them just like this.
Shake them, shake them,
shake them, shake them,
blow a little kiss!
- Make instrument cards. Ask children to close their eyes. Play the sound of one instrument – can children match the correct photo card to the instrument?
- Choose an instrument to play to the beat (the steady pulse) or the rhythm of the song (the short and long sounds that fit over an underlying beat).
- Play the song again and this time vary the dynamics (play the instruments loudly, normal or softly) for each verse.
- Make hand prints using paint and your hands!
- Ask what comes before and what comes after questions e.g. what comes before 10? 9 What comes after 7? 8
- Sing and read along to the YouTube song to achieve multi-sensory learning “Do it, see it and hear it!”
Print out the song PDF
- Read the song lyrics – ask children a variety of questions.
- Re-read the song lyrics and ask children to join in.
- Recognise and use a variety of punctuation when reading. “ ” ! ? . ,
- Look at print and conventions (bold, italics).
- Talk about interesting/challenging words and discuss what they mean.
- Word study – phonic knowledge, compound words, rhyming word, contractions etc.