Sing and Learn the Actions!
See-saw, Margery Daw,
Jacky shall have a new master;
He shall have but a penny a day
because he can 't work any faster.
- Feel the rhythm - choose any instrument or found sound (e.g. tap the floor) to play along with the rhythm of the song. The rhythm is the short and long sounds that fit over the underlying beat.
- Challenge - sing and play along to the instrumental version of the song.
- Two children sit opposite each other holding hands and placing feet together. Move forwards and backwards in time to the beat.
- You are in a playground what are you going to play on? E.g. a swing, a see-saw, a slide, a roundabout etc. With a partner have turns miming and guessing.
- Sing and read along to the YouTube song to achieve multi-sensory learning "Do it, see it and hear it!"
Print out the song PDF
- Read the song lyrics - ask children a variety of questions.
- Re-read the song lyrics and ask children to join in.
- Recognise and use a variety of punctuation when reading. " " ! ? . ,
- Look at print and conventions (bold, italics).
- Talk about interesting/challenging words and discuss what they mean.
- Word study - phonic knowledge, compound words, rhyming word, contractions etc.