Santa Got Stuck Up the Chimney
Sing and Learn the Actions!
Santa got stuck up the chimney,
"Oh, I don 't know what to do!"
so he wiggled and he wobbled
and he wobbled and he wiggled
and we pushed and we pushed
Till he popped right through.
Now everyone can have a Merry Christmas!
- Listen to the song. Ask children to suggest ideas for actions to go with the words of the song. Creating movement helps children to express themselves.
- Children then view the video song and compare the actions with their own ideas.
- Challenge: Sing along to the instrumental version also great for concerts and performances!
- Construct a chimney from a card board box. Paint on the bricks!
- Work in small groups. Tell a story about what happened when "Santa Got Stuck Up the Chimney". Act out the story
- Watch this video that tells the story about Santa getting stuck in the chimney.
- Sing and read along to the YouTube song to achieve multi-sensory learning "Do it, see it and hear it!"
Print out the song PDF
- Read the song lyrics - ask children a variety of questions.
- Re-read the song lyrics and ask children to join in.
- Recognise and use a variety of punctuation when reading. " " ! ? . ,
- Look at print and conventions (bold, italics).
- alk about interesting/challenging words and discuss what they mean.
- Word study - phonic knowledge, compound words, rhyming word, contractions etc.