Sally go round the sun.
Sally go round the moon.
Sally go round the chimney pots
on a Saturday afternoon.
- Feel the beat. Play the song and 'march on the spot ' and 'clap your hands ' in time to the beat (the steady pulse).
- Challenge - sing along and march on the spot to the instrumental version of the song.
- Children form a circle, hold hands and walk in a clock wise direction; change directions for the second verse. This time sing the song in your head and keep the beat with your feet.
- Draw or paint a picture of Sally going around the sun or the moon.
- Sing and read along to the YouTube song to achieve multi-sensory learning "Do it, see it and hear it!"
Print out the song PDF
- Read the song lyrics - ask children a variety of questions.
- Re-read the song lyrics and ask children to join in.
- Recognise and use a variety of punctuation when reading. " " ! ? . ,
- Look at print and conventions (bold, italics).
- Talk about interesting/challenging words and discuss what they mean.
- Word study - phonic knowledge, compound words, rhyming word, contractions etc.