Pat A Cake Pat A Cake Lyrics
Pat-a-cake, pat-a-cake, baker's man.
Bake me a cake as fast as you can.
Pat it and prick it and mark it with 'B ',
and put it in the oven for baby and me.
Say: Hey that was fun. Let's sing it again!
Pat A Cake Pat A Cake Learning Activities
- Listen to the song. With a partner tap each other's hands in time to the beat (the steady pulse of the song).
- Play the song again and tap each other's hands in time to the rhythm (the short and long sounds that fit over an underlying beat)
- Ask each child "what is your favourite cake?" List the cake and make a class graph. What is the overall class favourite?
- Discuss healthy and unhealthy food? Ask for examples? Is it ok to eat cake sometimes?
- Sing and read along to the YouTube song to achieve multi-sensory learning "Do it, see it and hear it!"
Print out the song PDF
- Read the song lyrics - ask children a variety of questions.
- Re-read the song lyrics and ask children to join in.
- Recognise and use a variety of punctuation when reading. " " ! ? . ,
- Look at print and conventions (bold, italics).
- Talk about interesting/challenging words and discuss what they mean.
- Word study - phonic knowledge, compound words, rhyming word, contractions etc.