Oh Where Has My Little Dog Gone
Children will love to sing and dance
along with this fun kid’s nursery rhyme song!
Oh where, oh where has my little dog gone?
Oh where, oh where can he be?
With his ears cut short and his tail cut long.
Oh where, oh where is he?
Say: Oh! There he is!
- Voices can sing and voices can speak. When the class conductor raises their arms up high the children sing the words; when the conductor drops their arms down low, the children speak the words of the song.
- Draw or paint a picture of a dog.
- Explore the movements of a dog and ask children to describe the movements e.g. wagging tail, licking, pouncing, jumping etc. Pretend you are a dog and show the movements in your own "space bubble."
- Sing and read along to the YouTube song to achieve multi-sensory learning "Do it, see it and hear it!"
Print out the song PDF
- Read the song lyrics - ask children a variety of questions.
- Re-read the song lyrics and ask children to join in.
- Recognise and use a variety of punctuation when reading. " " ! ? . ,
- Look at print and conventions (bold, italics).
- Talk about interesting/challenging words and discuss what they mean.
- Word study - phonic knowledge, compound words, rhyming word, contractions etc.