Little Jack Horner
Sing and Learn the Actions!
Little Jack Horner sat in a corner,
eating his Christmas pie.
He put in his thumb and pulled out a plum and said
"What a good boy am I!"
- Listen to the song and use body percussion to play along with the beat (the steady pulse) of the song e.g. tap toes, click fingers, cluck your tongue...
- Use your imagination - what else can Jack pull out of his thumb? Invite children to act out their idea - can the others guess?
- Draw or paint your idea on what else Jack can pull out of the pie?
- Sing and read along to the YouTube song to achieve multi-sensory learning "Do it, see it and hear it!"
Print out the song PDF
- Read the song lyrics - ask children a variety of questions.
- Re-read the song lyrics and ask children to join in.
- Recognise and use a variety of punctuation when reading. " " ! ? . ,
- Look at print and conventions (bold, italics).
- Talk about interesting/challenging words and discuss what they mean.
- Word study - phonic knowledge, compound words, rhyming word, contractions etc.