Little Boy Blue
Sing and Learn the Actions!
Little Boy Blue,
come blow your horn.
The sheep's in the meadow,
the cow's in the corn.
But where is the boy
who looks after the sheep?
He's under a haystack,
Will you wake him? No, not I,
for if I do he 's sure to cry!
- Tone colour is the specific sound quality of a voice or instrument. Listen to the song and ask children to describe the "feel" of the music e.g. relaxing, soft, soothing etc.
- Invite individual children to come up and perform the song solo using their "best, sweet sounding" voices.
- What is Little Boy Blue dreaming about? Create a story board and act out the dream.
- Create your own "tactile sheep." Draw a sheep and glue tactile material on your sheep - e.g. wool, string, corrugated cardboard, bottle tops etc.
- Sing and read along to the YouTube song to achieve multi-sensory learning "Do it, see it and hear it!"
Print out the song DF
- Read the song lyrics - ask children a variety of questions.
- Re-read the song lyrics and ask children to join in.
- Recognise and use a variety of punctuation when reading. " " ! ? . ,
- Look at print and conventions (bold, italics).
- Talk about interesting/challenging words and discuss what they mean.
- Word study - phonic knowledge, compound words, rhyming word, contractions etc.