Little Bo Peep
Sing and Learn the Actions!
Little Bo-Peep has lost her sheep
and doesn't know where to find them.
Leave them alone and they 'll come home,
dragging their tails behind them.
Little Bo-Peep fell fast asleep
and dreamed she heard them bleating.
But when she woke, 'twas all a joke
for they were still a-fleeting.
Then up she took her little crook
and vowed that she would find them.
What was her joy to see them there,
wagging their tails behind them.
- Dynamics is the varying levels of loudness or softness. Choose soft sounding sounds e.g. finger cymbals, home-made shakers (plastic bottles filled with grains of rice) or soft claps to quietly play along with the song.
- What do we need sheep for? Find out the facts...
- Children work with a partner. One child pretends to be "Little Bo-Peep" the other child is a "reporter" and asks Little Bo-Peep as many questions as they can think of e.g. why did you fall asleep? How did you feel when you thought you had lost your sheep? Is this your job looking after sheep? What are your hobbies? etc.
- Sing and read along to the YouTube song to achieve multi-sensory learning "Do it, see it and hear it!"
Print out the song PDF
- Read the song lyrics - ask children a variety of questions.
- Re-read the song lyrics and ask children to join in.
- Recognise and use a variety of punctuation when reading. " " ! ? . ,
- Look at print and conventions (bold, italics).
- Talk about interesting/challenging words and discuss what they mean.
- Word study - phonic knowledge, compound words, rhyming word, contractions etc.