In And Out The Dusky Bluebells Lyrics
In and out the dusky bluebells,
in and out the dusky bluebells,
in and out the dusky bluebells.
Who shall be my leader?
Tippety - tappety on your shoulder,
tippety-tappety on your shoulder,
tippety-tappety on your shoulder.
You shall be my leader!
In And Out The Dusky Bluebells Learning Activities
- Use voices to chant rhythmically - chant the names of flowers. Teacher claps and chants the rhythm pattern of names of flowers e.g. bluebells, marigold or rose, daisy. Can children accurately imitate the rhythm patterns through chanting and clapping along?
- Children work with a partner and make up their own flower rhythm patterns. For variation children can pat each other 's hands in time to their rhythm pattern.
- Children hold hands in a circle and hold arms up high to form arches. One child skips in and out of the arches. At the end of the first verse the skipping child stops behind a child in the circle and taps the 'new leader' on the shoulder then holds onto the shoulder of the new leader and they skip together in and out of the arches. Repeat the song as many times as you like.
- Discuss the life cycle of a flower.
- Sing and read along to the YouTube song to achieve multi-sensory learning "Do it, see it and hear it!"
Print out the song PDF
- Read the song lyrics - ask children a variety of questions.
- Re-read the song lyrics and ask children to join in.
- Recognise and use a variety of punctuation when reading. " " ! ? . ,
- Look at print and conventions (bold, italics).
- Talk about interesting/challenging words and discuss what they mean.
- Word study - phonic knowledge, compound words, rhyming word, contractions etc.