I’m A Little Snowman
Sing and Learn the Actions!
I 'm a little snowman,
Round and fat.
I 've a woolly scarf
and a little bobble hat.
When the snow is falling,
You will hear me say:
"Come and make a snowman,
We 'll have a fun day!"
- Singing and performing a song helps to boost children 's confidence. Listen to the song and invite individual children to come up to the front of the class to sing the song.
- Encourage the performer to bow at the end of their performance and for the audience to acknowledge the performance by clapping.
- Ask children how they felt about singing the song to an audience? Would they change anything if they performed the song again?
- Challenge: Sing along to the instrumental version also great for concerts and performances!
- Pretend you are a snowman, the sun is shining brightly, what happens act it out!
- Construct, draw or paint a snowman.
- Make a snowman from marshmallows, pretzel sticks and chocolate chips - be creative!
- Sing and read along to the YouTube song to achieve multi-sensory learning "Do it, see it and hear it!"
Print out the song PDF
- Read the song lyrics - ask children a variety of questions.
- Re-read the song lyrics and ask children to join in.
- Recognise and use a variety of punctuation when reading. " " ! ? . ,
- Look at print and conventions (bold, italics).
- Talk about interesting/challenging words and discuss what they mean.
- Word study - phonic knowledge, compound words, rhyming word, contractions etc.