I Had A Little Nut Tree
Sing and Learn the Actions!
I had a little nut tree,
nothing would it bear
but a silver nutmeg
and a golden pear!
The King of Spain 's daughter came
to visit me and all for the sake of my little nut tree!
I skipped over water,
I danced over sea and all the birds in the air,
couldn 't catch me!
- Singing and dancing together helps to build social skills. Children hold hands to form a circle and skip in time to the beat of the song in an anti-clock wise direction.
- Paint or draw "A Little Nut Tree"
- Retell and act the main events of the story in order.
- Sing and read along to the YouTube song to achieve multi-sensory learning "Do it, see it and hear it!"
Print out the song PDF
- Read the song lyrics - ask children a variety of questions.
- Re-read the song lyrics and ask children to join in.
- Recognise and use a variety of punctuation when reading. " " ! ? . ,
- Look at print and conventions (bold, italics).
- Talk about interesting/challenging words and discuss what they mean.
- Word study - phonic knowledge, compound words, rhyming word, contractions etc.