Humpty Dumpty Lyrics
sat on a wall,
had a great fall.
All the king 's horses and all the king 's men, couldn 't put Humpty together again!
Again, again, couldn 't put Humpty together again!
Humpty Dumpty Learning Activities
- Play the song and keep a beat throughout the medley using body percussion, responding to the changes in tempo (the speed of the beat).
- Can children recognize which verse has a slower tempo and which verse has a faster tempo?
- Create finger puppets to match the rhyme.
- Use the finger puppets to act out the "Humpty Dumpty" story.
- Sing and read along to the YouTube song to achieve multi-sensory learning "Do it, see it and hear it!"
Print out the song PDF
- Read the song lyrics - ask children a variety of questions.
- Re-read the song lyrics and ask children to join in.
- Recognise and use a variety of punctuation when reading. " " ! ? . ,
- Look at print and conventions (bold, italics).
- Talk about interesting/challenging words and discuss what they mean.
- Word study - phonic knowledge, compound words, rhyming word, contractions etc.