Here’s A Saucer Lyrics
Here 's a saucer.
Here is a cup.
Pour in the milk
and drink it all up!
Here’s A Saucer Learning Activities
- Create a sound scape to match the words. E.g. Place a cup on a saucer, pour water into the cup, drink the water and place the cup back on the saucer.
- Mime the actions as suggested by the words.
- Where does milk come from? What are the benefits of drinking milk?
- List each child 's favourite drink, make a graph to find out the most popular and least popular.
- Sing and read along to the YouTube song to achieve multi-sensory learning "Do it, see it and hear it!"
Print out the song PDF
- Read the song lyrics - ask children a variety of questions.
- Re-read the song lyrics and ask children to join in.
- Recognise and use a variety of punctuation when reading. " " ! ? . ,
- Look at print and conventions (bold, italics).
- Talk about interesting/challenging words and discuss what they mean.
- Word study - phonic knowledge, compound words, rhyming word, contractions etc.