Hammer, hammer, hammer.
Shake, shake, shake.
Twirl, twirl, twirl.
Clap, clap, clap.
1st time - normal
2nd time - fast
3rd time - slow
4th time - loud
5th time - soft
6th time - normal
- Use voices to explore changes in tempo (the speed of the beat) and dynamics (the varying levels of loudness or softness). Ask children to join in with the rhyme.
- Explore the different body movements for hammer; shake; twirl and clap.
- Explore mirror movements with a partner.
- Sing and read along to the YouTube song to achieve multi-sensory learning "Do it, see it and hear it!"
Print out the song PDF
- Read the song lyrics - ask children a variety of questions.
- Re-read the song lyrics and ask children to join in.
- Recognise and use a variety of punctuation when reading. " " ! ? . ,
- Look at print and conventions (bold, italics).
- Talk about interesting/challenging words and discuss what they mean.
- Word study - phonic knowledge, compound words, rhyming word, contractions etc.