Flea Fly Lyrics
Flea, Fly, mosquito.
Oh, no, no, no, not mosquito.
Itchy, itchy, scratchy, scratchy.
Got a buggy down my backy.
Get that fly with a fly swat.
Flea Fly Learning Activities
- Clap the echo to the rhythm of the song - keep up with the fast tempo towards the end of the song!
- Work with a partner. Choose a leader. The leader makes up moves to match the rhyme and the partner has to mirror the moves. Swap the leader.
- Find out facts about flies and mosquitoes.
- Sing and read along to the YouTube song to achieve multi-sensory learning "Do it, see it and hear it!"
Print out the song PDF
- Read the song lyrics - ask children a variety of questions.
- Re-read the song lyrics and ask children to join in.
- Recognise and use a variety of punctuation when reading. " " ! ? . ,
- Look at print and conventions (bold, italics).
- Talk about interesting/challenging words and discuss what they mean.
- Word study - phonic knowledge, compound words, rhyming word, contractions etc.