Bumble Bee Medley Lyrics
*The sun has got it's hat on
It's coming out to play
The bumble bees are humming
Cause summer's on its way
Hip, hip, hip, hip, hip, hip hooray!
The sun has got it's hat on
We're going out to play!
What do you suppose?
A bee sat on my nose
Then what do you think?
He gave me a wink
And said 'I beg your pardon
I thought you were the garden!'
Here is a beehive
Where are all the bees?
Hidden away where nobody sees
Watch them come creeping
Out of their hive
One, two, three, four, five,
Back in the hive!
Bumble Bee Medley Learning Activities
- Tone Colour (or timbre) is the specific sound quality of a voice or instrument. Ask children to close their eyes and listen to the song.
- Ask children how the music makes them feel? E.g. relaxed, happy etc. What musical instruments can they hear? E.g. piano, violin. What animal sounds can they hear? E.g. sheep, birds. What can they tell about the voices? E.g. singing as a group or solo? Are the soloists young or old?
- Children stand in pairs opposite each other; each one has a turn at being the leader to act out the actions of the song while the other child mirrors their actions.
- Why do people wink?
- Sun safety. Why is it important to wear a hat? What other things do we need to do to protect ourselves from the sun?
- Sing and read along to the YouTube song to achieve multi-sensory learning 'Do it, see it and hear it!'
Print out the song PDF
- Read the song lyrics - ask children a variety of questions.
- Re-read the song lyrics and ask children to join in.
- Recognise and use a variety of punctuation when reading. "' ! ? . ,
- Look at print and conventions (bold, italics).
- Talk about interesting/challenging words and discuss what they mean.
- Word study - phonic knowledge, compound words, rhyming word, contractions etc.