There was a farmer
had a dog and Bingo
was his name o!
B-I-N-G-O, B-I-N-G-O, B-I-N-G-O,
and Bingo was his name o!
Bingo Learning Activities
- Play the song, children sing the song and clap the rhythm pattern B I N G O
- Practice singing the song, aiming for 'best' voices.
- Play 'hide the star'. A leader holds up a cut out star. Sing the song again, when the leader holds the star up the children sing with strong voices but when the leader hides the star the children 'hide' their voices in their head.
- Draw or paint a picture of BINGO the dog.
- Sing and read along to the YouTube song to achieve multi-sensory learning 'Do it, see it and hear it!'
Print out the song PDF
- Read the song lyrics - ask children a variety of questions.
- Re-read the song lyrics and ask children to join in.
- Recognise and use a variety of punctuation when reading. " " ! ? . ,
- Look at print and conventions (bold, italics).
- Talk about interesting/challenging words and discuss what they mean. study - phonic knowledge, compound words, rhyming word, contractions etc.