Hammer Hammer Hammer
Take a brain break with Hammer, Hammer, Hammer!
Can you Hammer, shake, twirl, clap?
Try and keep up with this speedy fun kids song
Hammer, hammer, hammer.
Shake, shake, shake.
Twirl, twirl, twirl.
Clap, clap, clap.
1st time - normal
2nd time - fast
3rd time - slow
4th time - loud
5th time - soft
6th time - normal
- Use voices to explore changes in tempo (the speed of the beat) and dynamics (the varying levels of loudness or softness). Ask children to join in with the rhyme.
- Explore the different body movements for hammer; shake; twirl and clap.
- Explore mirror movements with a partner.
- Sing and read along to the YouTube song to achieve multi-sensory learning "Do it, see it and hear it!"
Print out the song PDF
- Read the song lyrics - ask children a variety of questions.
- Re-read the song lyrics and ask children to join in.
- Recognise and use a variety of punctuation when reading. " " ! ? . ,
- Look at print and conventions (bold, italics).
- Talk about interesting/challenging words and discuss what they mean.
- Word study - phonic knowledge, compound words, rhyming word, contractions etc.