We’re Going on a Lion Hunt Sing along Book
We're Going on a Lion Hunt sing along Book.
Read and sing along to this popular kids animal song.
Learn how to read the FUN way!
We're going on a lion hunt
and we're not scared (x3)
Oh, oh! Long grass
Chop, chop, chop, chop
Oh, oh! Puddles
Splish, splash, splish, splash!
Oh, oh! Mud
Slurp, slurp, slurp, slurp!
Oh, oh! Bridge
Clop, clop, clop, clop!
Oh, oh! Cave
Tip-toe, tip-toe, tip-toe, tip-toe!
Oh, oh! Two eyes, whiskers, teeth
Tip-toe, tip-toe, tip-toe,
Clop, clop, clop, clop
Slurp, slurp, slurp, slurp
Splish, splash, splish, splash
Chop, chop, chop, chop.
Shut the gate.
We went on a lion hunt
and we weren 't scared (x3)
Well... maybe just a little!
- Feel the beat! Use body percussion e.g. slap knees, to play along with the beat (the steady pulse) of the song.
- Walk on the spot in time to the beat, show the actions to the words and sing along!
- Children then view the video song on YouTube and compare the actions with their own ideas.
- Talk about how facial expressions relate to how you feel e.g. show a scared face.
- "Guess my Feelings" work with a partner and show a facial expression e.g. happy, sad, angry etc. Once the feeling is guessed swop turns.
- Follow the leader! Choose a leader, children form a line behind the leader, sing and show the actions of the words of the song while following the leader.
- Sing and read along to the YouTube song to achieve multi-sensory learning "Do it, see it and hear it!"
Print out the song PDF
- Read the song lyrics - ask children a variety of questions.
- Re-read the song lyrics and ask children to join in.
- Recognise and use a variety of punctuation when reading. " " ! ? . ,
- Look at print and conventions (bold, italics).
- Talk about interesting/challenging words and discuss what they mean.
- Word study - phonic knowledge, compound words, rhyming word, contractions etc.