Jimmy Jello wibble-wobble,
is an incredibly flexible fellow.
He can do the splits
with his hands on his hips
and balance a banana on his nose
while wriggling his long toes!
Marsha Mellow tingle-tangle,
is a delightful tap, tap dancer.
She can tap on the ceiling
while she 's cart wheeling
wnd whistle a melodious tune
about 'Sally Go Round the Moon '.
- Add silly sound effects to the song. What can make a wobbly sound or a tapping sound? Show children examples of 'silly ' sound sources and instruments e.g. a kazoo or slide whistle.
- Explore different funny ways to move to the beat of the song.
- Use different levels; high, medium and low. Split the students up into groups of four and number them. Call out the numbers in random order and have each student make a frozen shape when their number is called. When all numbers have been called, discuss the shape that has been made - use adjectives e.g. point, curly, spiky
- Draw a 'silly' picture of yourself.
- Sing and read along to the YouTube song to achieve multi-sensory learning "Do it, see it and hear it!"
Print out the song PDF
- Read the song lyrics - ask children a variety of questions.
- Re-read the song lyrics and ask children to join in.
- Recognise and use a variety of punctuation when reading. " " ! ? . ,
- Look at print and conventions (bold, italics).
- Talk about interesting/challenging words and discuss what they mean.
- Word study - phonic knowledge, compound words, rhyming word, contractions etc.