A Christmas Lullaby
Sing and Learn the Actions!
Christmas stars are in the sky;
Sweet the bells of Christmas Eve
Babies, each a kiss receive
Babies in their cradles lie;
Every one in white is gowned,
Hush, make not a single sound!
Christmastide draweth nigh;
Quiet now the tiny feet,
Babies sleep so still and sweet
Sweetest dreams, goodnight,
Sweetest dreams, goodnight!
Listen to the song and discuss the mood (the atmosphere or feelings associated with a piece of music or song).
- Play the song again, sing along with gentle, clear voices and sway in time to the beat.
- Challenge: Sing along to the instrumental version - great for performances, school concerts and choirs.
- Develop movement ideas to match the gentle, soft mood of the song.
- Use facial expressions, sounds and movements to express a "sleepy mood."
Sing and read along to the YouTube song to achieve multi-sensory learning "Do it, see it and hear it!"
Print out the song PDF
- Read the song lyrics - ask children a variety of questions.
- Re-read the song lyrics and ask children to join in.
- Recognise and use a variety of punctuation when reading. " " ! ? . ,
- Look at print and conventions (bold, italics).
- Talk about interesting/challenging words and discuss what they mean.
- Word study - phonic knowledge, compound words, rhyming word, contractions etc.