Sing and Learn the Actions!
sat on a wall,
had a great fall.
All the king 's horses and all the king 's men, couldn 't put Humpty together again!
Again, again, couldn 't put Humpty together again!
- Play the song and keep a beat throughout the medley using body percussion, responding to the changes in tempo (the speed of the beat).
- Can children recognize which verse has a slower tempo and which verse has a faster tempo?
- Create finger puppets to match the rhyme.
- Use the finger puppets to act out the "Humpty Dumpty" story.
- Sing and read along to the YouTube song to achieve multi-sensory learning "Do it, see it and hear it!"
Print out the song PDF
- Read the song lyrics - ask children a variety of questions.
- Re-read the song lyrics and ask children to join in.
- Recognise and use a variety of punctuation when reading. " " ! ? . ,
- Look at print and conventions (bold, italics).
- Talk about interesting/challenging words and discuss what they mean.
- Word study - phonic knowledge, compound words, rhyming word, contractions etc.