Four Times Table And Random Test
Kids will love to learn their times tables the fun and easy way.
4 x 1 = 4
4 x 2 = 8
4 x 3 = 12
4 x 4 = 16
4 x 5 = 20
4 x 6 = 24
4 x 7 = 28
4 x 8 = 32
4 x 9 = 36
4 x 10 = 40
4 x 11 = 44
4 x 12 = 48
Maths Card Game
- Write the four times tables on a coloured piece of card e.g. 4x1=4, 4x2=8
- Separately cut out each equation to make a set of cards.
- Put the set into a zip lock bag and label "Four Times Table".
- Split the children up into groups of three. One child is the 'teacher' and the other two children are the players. The 'teacher' pulls out a card and reads the equation e.g. 4x7=? Whoever answers the correct number gets the card. Play until all cards have been pulled out. At the end count up how many cards each player has. Who has the most?
- Wayne has four bags of marbles. There are six marbles in each bag. How many marbles does he have in total? 4 x 6 = 24
- Brainstorm different ways of solving this question e.g. draw, use materials, image, pair up with a buddy etc.
- Skip counting in fours - sing to the instrumental version of jingle bells "Dashing through the snow, on a one horse opened sleigh, over fields we go, laughing all the way" 4, 8, 12, 16__20, 24__28, 32__34,36
- Watch the four times table video song and chant along.
- Can you answer the four times table random test?
- Discuss the number patterns that are shown during the four times table random test.
- You will need white A4 paper and colouring in pencils or felts.
- The children need to draw a large outline of the number 4.
- Inside write the numbers 4, 8, 12, 16, 20, 24, 28, 32, 36, 40, 44, 48 in order.
- Decorate the outside with groups of 4.
- Practise skip counting in 4's to a steady beat.